Thursday, June 4, 2015

She Swore

She swore she wouldn’t talk to strange people again. She swore, but sometimes I wonder. I saw her one time, and message popped up on her phone. It didn’t say from who, and I wondered, I didn’t want to wonder. I wanted that to be a onetime thing. But now, a year later, what if she’s slipping into old habits? I wonder if she started talking to him again.
She likes to have attention. If she can find someone who’ll give it to her… No matter what could’ve happened in retrospect, she’ll go back. If she does go back, she’ll be sneakier this time. We won’t be able to catch her. We won’t know it was happening until it’s too late.

“She swore she wouldn’t go back,” I tell myself, “She swore she swore she swore” I tell myself it’s not going to happen again, that even though she likes the spotlight that she wouldn’t be stupid enough to go back again. She swore. Nothing is going to happen to her. Nothing nothing nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment