Thursday, June 4, 2015

If

What if she hadn’t been caught? If no one had known she was talking to him?  If one day, she had mentioned that she was at a specific place, thinking he couldn’t track her down, but he did. If he found her. If he took her.
If one day I got that call, saying that my best friend had disappeared. That she was gone. That no one knew where she was, that they hadn’t seen her since she went off with friends, that they couldn’t reach her. They would ask, did I know where she went? And I would’ve had to say no, I don’t know where the person I am closest to in the world is.
If he got ahold of her- but who would have known who it was? Her friends, maybe, but how do you say, yes I gave some random guy her number and I’ve also been talking to him and I gave his number to her and her and her too? The person who came forward and said this, they would have unintentionally helped a kidnapper commit a crime. Or they wouldn’t say anything, and no one would know they could be blamed, but eventually the case would go cold and her unfound.

What if?



No comments:

Post a Comment