Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Darling


The sun comes through the window like a flashlight beam shining in,
shining the spotlight on only you.
The sun hurts my open eyes,
but pools warmly on your sleeping face,
waking the birds to smell the fresh air
and to chirp loudly for the coming day.
I sit beside you with an open journal,
my words swirling with color on the paper before me,
blues and pinks mixing with purples and reds.
Words kin to William Shakespeare’s dance across the paper,
taking me back to Old England.
The world is silent outside.
My coffee steams with the smell of
caramel and cinnamon,
the caffeine gently putting me to sleep
next to you.
Mother is here for you.
Lys et des roses dansent dans vos mots,
pouvez-vous trouver le jardin?
Spread your wings and fly, child,
don’t stay stuck on this earth.
The shimmering wings of beauty
will be the only things to set you free.
To know yourself,
you’ll have to forget
everything you ever knew.
The colorful white walls gleam with the sun.
You can’t depend on your eyes
When your imagination is out of focus.
The sun shines bright and levels with your face.

You glow with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment